Saturday, May 5, 2012

365-125

So, my college education has been slightly less than traditional.  Ok, that's a stretch - it's totally and completely non-traditional.  Most of the people I have been in class with I will never meet.  A chosen few of them I am friends with on facebook.  Yesterday I had one of the greatest experiences of my life - I walked at graduation.  That was a huge milestone.  It was a bit scary as I was walking with a bunch of people that I did not know nor had I ever spoken to. 


Somewhere along the lines - probably about a year ago, I became friends on facebook with a girl from one of my classes.  I found out that she lives near me. Over the past year, I've gotten to know her through facebook.  Yesterday, I got to meet her - in person - for the first time.  I got to share my graduation experience with her and I have to tell you - IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!  Many thanks to the University of Phoenix, not only for helping me achieve a goal, but for giving me the opportunity to make friends along the way. 



2 comments:

  1. Remember you are a Phoenix and it rose from the ashes to begin anew. Start the next phase of your life now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have finally got to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete