Friday, February 17, 2012

365-48

Wow.  I keep putting up pictures of these kids. These damn gym girls.  It's funny, actually.  At the beginning of the season I didn't think any of the girls were going to take to me.  I was concerned that they were not going to accept me as a coach.  I also was not sure that I was going to be able to warm up to them.  WHOA - was I ever wrong.  It's absolutely insane.  I love these girls.  I look forward to seeing them every day.  It may sound stupid, but it is one of the highlights of my day.  


What sucks about coaching high school gymnastics is that you only get them for a short period of time.  I'm not just talking about the season, I'm talking about the 4 years and then they're gone.  Of course, I just started this year and of course there are seniors on the team AND of course I'm probably going to cry like a baby at the banquet because I'm going to miss them.


This kid makes me laugh EVERY time I see her.  She's a darn good gymnast - I think - I'm not allowed to watch her compete and only allowed to watch her practice sometimes :D  Apparently, every time I watch her, she falls.  Figures.  



1 comment: