Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Down time

Day 210


Down time??  Wtf is that?  Right, something I have very little of.  It's annoying sometimes.  I'm a die hard book worm.  I love to read and can sit down and read a couple books a day if given the opportunity.  Unfortunately, because of school I have very little time to actually read a book.  Well, that's not true, I have plenty of time to read crap for school, just no time to read for pleasure.


Well, the other day we had to stop by the library so Jay could get his prize for the summer reading club thingy.  Of course, while we were there, I had to get a book.  I cannot walk into a library and not check out a book...it's just not possible. I had to hold myself back...I only checked out two which is pretty much unheard of for me.  As a kid, I would check out 6 or 8 at a time and then be back a week later for a new batch.


Anyhoo...this is what I got...


I have no intention of doing a book review right now, but I will tell you I finished the book in just over 24 hours.  LOVED it.  Now I'm onto the next book...oh how I love to read.

2 comments:

  1. As a child you would get 6-8 books and be back in three days. They would quiz you on the books and were amazed that you really had read them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it's like I wrote this, I'm a terrible book whore. I love them! In the summer when we were kids we'd walk to the library at least 3 times a week. I would also get a stack and just read them, some of them over and over. My favorites when I was little was the Beatrix Potter books, I LOVED their size, and the illustrations are just beautiful. I read them over and over. We didn't have a lot, but books were free so walking in and being able to take home and enjoy a whole bagful was just like heaven. I miss having more time to read.
    I've told my husband DO NOT get me a kindle or some such thinking it would be a great gift because I love to read. I want REAL books. Sometimes I think it would be nice, but I prefer books I don't have to charge, and can read anywhere.

    ReplyDelete