Saturday, September 17, 2011

The deadly ride...

Day 233


So, I love the water.  I love boats and I love tubing.  My uncle likes to try to kill me anytime I go tubing.  Secretly, I think he's heart broken when he doesn't succeed.  For some reason, I reverted to my younger years - in other words, I forgot that I'm a mid-30 year old, fat, out of shape, grown woman and thought I was a young in shape 18 year old.  I let my daughter talk me into riding on the flat tube....


That right there is the tube of death.  I laughed it off when the younguns' told me when that thing gets wet your screwed.  So, I let Meg ride first so I could watch.  She, of course, handled it like a pro.  I got on there and did pretty good to begin with.  Yeah, until he took that last turn.  At which point, I flew.  I turned about 3 times on top of the water before I fell in.  The best part??  I realized AFTER I dropped down into the water that my bathing suit bottoms were at my ankles.  Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment