Friday, May 13, 2011

Grass is always greener...

Day 130


Girls are obsessive, emotional, semi-psychotic creatures.  We all tend to want something our friends have - I'm not talking the material stuff...that's human nature.  I'm talking about features.  This girl has better boobs. That one has bigger eyes. Her legs are longer.  Her body is better.  But, one of the age old jealousies comes back to hair.  Those of us with dead straight hair want the curly hair and those with naturally curly hair want straight.


I spent YEARS hating my hair because it was dead fricking straight.  I could put a whole can of hair spray on my hair and it would still be straight by the end of the night.  Today, I had to laugh at a friend of mine who straightens her hair every day.  I had no idea that her hair was actually curly.  This is the kind of hair I would have killed for as a kid...
It's a crappy picture, but she's got like ringlet curls in her hair.  It's BEAUTIFUL.  I have no clue why anyone would straighten it!!!  She then complained that she wished her hair was straight.  Grass is always greener on the other side, ya know?!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, the straight haired girls want curly and the curly haired girls want straight. Just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have naturally curly hair. I love it. Unfortunately it is so fine that the curl I put in it won't last an hour. Even with a perm I'm not getting the look I want. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete