Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Um, excuse me...miss...

Day 262


Right, so I'm all for originality and uniqueness.  I think people should be able to express themselves (within reason).  The thing is, there comes a point when you have to use common sense when expressing yourself.  For example, a 45 year old 300lb woman should not express herself by getting a belly button piercing and then flaunting it wearing a string bikini.  Why not?  Because that, my friends, is offensive.  I don't care who ya are, that's just nasty and while I am sure there are some freaks out there that would find it *vomits* sexy?  Pretty sure most people would rather ya just cover it up.  


I'm a big one for expressing myself through my hair.  I change my hair color all the time and have for years.  It's my way of expressing myself.  I don't have the piercings or tattoos.  I don't change the style of my clothing (even when others think I should).  I'm pretty much just a hair changer - and thank God for my hairdresser going along with some of my stupid ideas.  Anyway, I saw this....




and snickered.  First of all, if you're over the age of say, idk maybe 18, you probably shouldn't be dying your hair hot pink - unless it's Halloween.  That's just my personal opinion.  Second, YOU'RE LIKE 40 YEARS OLD.  Are you kidding me?!  OMG, I can't even imagine Megan's mortification if I walked up to her school this afternoon with hair that color.  I can assure you, she would never speak to me again.


Point here is that while I definitely encourage expressing yourself, I firmly believe that at some point you need to grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Something along the lines of: Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it. ??? My red hair was never that bad, right???

    ReplyDelete