Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 192


My kids are blessed.  I don't know that they realize it.  How many kids do?  But mine truly are - and I wish I could find some way for them to realize it.  


I never had the opportunity to hang out with my dad at a summer concert as a kid.  I never got to go for a walk or play a board game or watch a movie or play catch.  My dad didn't come see me dance or do gymnastics.  He never saw a track or cross country meet or a band or choir concert.  He wasn't even at my wedding. 


I'm not complaining - well, not really.  I had the absolute most perfect stand-in.  I had my grandfather who has been by far the most influential man in my entire life.  He is my hero.  He did all those things that my own father did not do.  And I love him for it - with all of my heart.


That does not change the fact that I did not have a "dad" to do things with - still don't.  My kids are blessed.  ALL of them.  Even if they don't realize it.  Their dad loves them all with every inch of his being and would do anything for them.  Including taking them to summer concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment