Saturday, July 30, 2011

fReD II

Day 207


Our house has two full bathrooms.  The downstairs bathroom has a bathtub but no shower.  We pretty much only use it for the toilet and sink.  It's right off the guest room so it makes it pretty convenient when we have guests and it's also pretty convenient cuz we spend most of our time in the family room which is on the same level.  


Well, when we first moved in, we found a "pet" in the bathtub.  It was a lovely little (dead) spider that I decided to name Fred.  Weird?  Yes, but that's me.  I had every intention of cleaning him out of there but then it became like a standing joke in our house.  The kids all knew "Fred" and would "check on him" whenever they went to the bathroom.


Before Eric and Angel came to visit us here roughly 2 years ago, we decided it was time to lay Fred to rest as I wasn't sure how much Eric and Angel would appreciate Fred's presence in the bathroom they would be using.  There's a bit of a story behind Fred's "burial" that I will share another time, but to keep this relatively short, Fred was removed from the bathtub.


The other day, my children informed me that we have a new friend in that same bathtub in almost the same spot....


Please say hello to my new friend, Fred II.  He's still alive(ish).  He hasn't moved much and as I am a bit of a weirdo - I'm leaving him there.  It makes me laugh :)  So, don't be disturbed if you use my downstairs bathroom and see this little guy in the tub...be happy that it's him in the tub and not my "friend" Bob.  Do you know Bob??

1 comment: