Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wha's that??

Day 170


I know he's hard to see (would be easier to see if I had that nifty new camera already - *wink wink*) but I tried.  That's my zoom on my little camera at the max.  It's nothing major - it's just a deer.  It's funny though, isn't it, how little things - sites, smells, sounds bring back memories.  That's what this deer did for me.  When I was a little girl, my grandpa - and my mom  - would take me out trail riding looking for deer.  I loved it.  We would pack up snacks and drinks and off we went.  It was great!  I could spend hours looking for them.  I got pretty good  - to the point that I could spot them before anyone else at night.


Sometimes I miss those days.  Those days when the biggest concern was whether or not I was going to spot more deer than Gramps.  


The good ole' days...

1 comment: