Monday, January 24, 2011

ER here we come....again

Day 20

I originally had another picture for today, but with our unfortunate turn of events, I opted for this one (much to my daughter's dismay).  This child, I have determined, is incredibly accident prone.  I informed her this evening that because she is so accident prone, I do not think it wise for her to ever have a driver's license. The child cannot walk without getting hurt - can you imagine her behind the wheel?

So, she is at her basketball game.  They are winning, 37-16.  Meg is a bit scrappy.  She got a tie up.  Unfortunately, when the ref blew the whistle, the other "young lady" opted to (literally) thrown Megan.  So, Megan flew a bit, fell and smacked her head (loudly) against the floor and of course, her head had to bounce.  It was rather gross to be honest.  She did not lose conciousness, however, her fingers were a bit tingly which panicked the coaches so I had to take her to get it checked out.  We got to redi-care.  They looked at her and thought she was passing out and informed me we were to go directly to the ER.  So, off we went.

Once at the (incredibly stinky, foul, and busy) ER, she got some life back in her (there's a shocker). They did a CT and an Xray.  While we waited in her little room, my smart mouth lovely daughter says to me "at least it's not the weekend."  We have a "rule" in our house that the children are not allowed to go to the ER on the weekend.  She made a funny.  End result - all clear on all tests and now we are home.  Starving since we hadn't had dinner, but home.  Nighty night.

4 comments: