Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I. LOVE. SOCKS. (day 7)

So, when I started this project, I really had no “plan.”  Truth is, I started it because it was a challenge for me – to see if I could stick with something for 365 days.  It’s not like there is a prize at the end…just the satisfaction of finishing it.  After the first day, I had some aspirations (much like Andy) to use this to see what kind of photographer I could be.  Imagine – taking these beautiful and breathtaking photos

Well, the reality of it is, while that would be nice, I determined today that that is not what I am doing this for.  I am doing this for me and as such, the photos won’t be professional looking in anyway and will probably be goofy and make no sense on some days.  The thing is – all of the pictures will mean something to me.  In the end, that, I have decided, is the prize.  To be able to look back in a year and laugh or cry or just remember those particular moments is what is important for me.

So, in honor of this epiphany, today’s picture is of…

Yup, my socks.  I don’t have a foot fetish really.  I actually am not a huge fan of feet.  Socks, however, I LOVE!!!!  I love argyles and crazy socks, soft socks, toe socks, knee high socks, trouser socks…LOVE socks.  This pair is rather special cuz they were a gift from my sister, Carolynn for my 34th birthday. (Thanks, Cinnamon)  The best part is, they make me SMILE!


6 comments:

  1. "I am doing this for me and as such, the photos won’t be professional looking in anyway and will probably be goofy and make no sense on some days."

    YES! That's exactly what I am (and Willis is) talkin' about!!

    Sock Lovin' fool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! Did I tell you I bought me a pair, too?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some massive freakin' feet... just saying haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch it, girl....those massive freakin feet will find their way to your arse ;)

    ReplyDelete