Thursday, January 13, 2011

My how pretty you look with a pin sticking out of your face…

Day 9



I’m sure everyone has had days like these.  I’m also sure everyone works with people that they frequently want to cause great bodily harm.  I will refrain from using names, as that would be unprofessional.  I will, however, say that it is days like today that make me ponder continuing with my education to eventually obtain a Master’s Degree. 

It is also days like today when I wish I could just win the lottery and open my own business.  What kind of business?  I haven’t a damn clue, but one of my own where I would not feel like a useless under-appreciated employee.  I guess that’s not fair to say, either, though.  There are people at work who appreciate me and I know that.  It’s a shame that one person can destroy it all. 

I guess that brings up another issue of mine.  Why is it that I allow people to treat me poorly?  I have a long history of this – dating as far back as elementary school.  I had a friend that my mother called a “fair-weather friend.”  Meaning that person was only my friend when she had time.  I allowed this – and continued to allow this type of “friendship” even when we moved.  Even now, with as bitchy as I pretend to be – I allow people to insult me and do nothing about it.  I wonder, at what point will I actually appreciate my own self worth and stop allowing others to walk all over me.

Thankfully, not everyone in my life is like this.  I have a handful of people that bust their asses to make me feel like I am something and for them – I am beyond thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Were I to win the lottery, I'd open a diner called "Fat Andy's" and my friend Patty would open a bar called "The Best Head In Town". What business would you run and what would you call it?

    Don't let people do that to you too often. When we do we offer up control of ourselves to them and lose a bit of ourselves. Of course, it's easier to preach than practice, hence our awesome love for external figures we can visit our frustration on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your true friends come later in life. They may even be people from your past. Let them find you and they will.

    As to running your own business, then you have " Big Brother" watching over you. Believe me, he is a royal pain.

    Be yourself. Those who love you will, those who don't will eventually go away.

    ReplyDelete