Monday, January 10, 2011

Just shoot me...

Going back to school has been huge for me.  After flunking out 3 times, I needed to prove not only to others, but to myself that I could do it.  I have.  I obtained my Associates in April of 2010 and am roughly 15 months shy of my Bachelors.  I have no regrets.  I don't even regret the $50000 in student loans that I will have to pay back.  It has been a great adventure.  That being said, this current math class may kill me.  I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that look at this problem and think "really, Jamie, how easy."  I, on the other hand, look at this problem and think "are you effing kidding me?  When am I ever going to use this s#%@?!?" 

Anyhow, this is how I will be spending my day...

5 comments:

  1. I for one look at that and contemplate suicide as a result.

    Math stinks, but it's one step on a greater path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Yeah... you'll never use it. It sucks. But at least you are well-rounded...or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go with "or something"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you want the solution?
    5
    ___________
    10x^2-6x


    Anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good effort, Mom, but that's not right. There's no exponents in the solution. The flaw is that in order to add fractions, one must have a common denominator. That's where the hard part is.

    ReplyDelete