Saturday, January 29, 2011

With a friend like this...

Day 25

 About 17 years ago, I met someone who would become my very best friend.  Trista has been my own personal life line for years.  She has been through some of the absolute lowest points of my life with me along with some of the highest.  She has been through multiple losses with me, the births of both of my children, the stupid wars I have had with other friends and siblings among many other things.

I firmly believe everyone needs a Trista.  You can't have mine - so back off.  :) It's true though.  She is the one person that I can tell anything.  I can be myself - completely.  She's there if I need a shoulder to cry on or someone to scream at. 

Many many times, she is underappreciated.  I don't tell her enough how much she means to me.  I can't imagine my life without her and don't know how I survived before I met her.  She listens to my dreams - however silly or far-fetched they may be and supports me - even if she thinks they are silly or far-fetched.

Today will go down as yet another fabulous day together and yet another reminder of why I love her so much.  We had a FANTASTIC snowball fight and made snow angels and giggled like little girls.  Silly?  Absolutely.  A reminder that we don't always have to "act like adults."  Most definitely.

I admire her so much and I hope that she knows that.  Love you, Triscuit and thank you for everything.

2 comments:

  1. Smiles because she has become my extended child. You both compliment each other. Love you, both

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I have so many words to say back... but every time I try, I cry. So, since I can't pull myself together this evening, I'm just going to assume you know all the things I need to say and know that I love you with all of my heart. As this is one of the hardest days of each year, I'm so thankful to have you by my side! Love you!

    ReplyDelete