Saturday, June 11, 2011

Angels watching over

Day 143


Most people that know me know my story.  I've got 1 or 2 (or 14 or 15) angels watching over me.  Most of these angels became angels at a pretty young age.  Good friends also know other things about me - like when things are special to me, I cherish them.  Phil gave me a necklace for our first anniversary.  It wasn't anything spectacular - just a gold chain.  I loved that chain and I think in almost 11 years I took it off a grand total of about 4 times.  Three of those 4 times I managed to break the clasp.  Well, (I believe I blogged about this) my cherished necklace finally bit the dust.  I have to admit, for a while, I was pretty lost without it.  It was like my safety.  Some people twirl their hair or bite their nails as a nervous habit.  I played with my necklace.  


For Christmas, he did not buy me a replacement, as you can't replace that.  He bought me a new necklace.  I don't wear it religiously as I did the other one because this one is a little flashier.  This one, though, is special in and of itself.  Makes me feel like my angels are right with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment