Friday, June 17, 2011

What's YOUR favorite flower?

Day 146


I love spring.  Partially cuz it gets warm, partially because it means more sunshine and partially because of the flowers.  I love flowers.  My favorite flowers are lilies.  I love almost every lily out there.  Roses have never been my thing.  Although, by all rights, they probably should be since they are just like me.  Roses are prickly and high maintenance and only bloom when they feel like it.  Eh, I have a love/hate relationship with them.  They are pretty, but they are a bitch to try and grow.


Well, while searching for something to brighten up my little flower bed out front, I found a rosebush.  The thing is, it's not your typical rosebush...it doesn't need to be watered 11 times a day and fed breakfast, elevensies, lunch, snack, supper, dinner, and dessert.  It's the perfect kind of rosebush for me - LOW maintenance.  I was a bit skeptical when I planted it, but it's proven to be exactly what it said - low maintenance mini-roses and I think they are beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. I need one of those too..Roses are my favorite, but I like lots of flowers. Very nice :D

    ReplyDelete