Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ex-Wives Club

Day 136


I am an odd person.  This I know as fact.  I make friends with people that I probably shouldn't and people that it seems weird for me to make friends with.  There are times that I have made friends with people who in the end have screwed me over, but then there are those times when I make friends with people who change my life.


What seems like a lifetime ago, I met this woman in Texas.  We had spoken on the phone many times over the span of a year or two, but we had never met.  We knew a lot about each other but weren't the best of friends.  She picked me (and 3 other people that she didn't know) up from an airport and opened her heart and her arms to me.  She took me site seeing in Texas and came to my daughter's gymnastics meet. 


We grew to be very good friends - best friends actually.  We talked on the phone all the time after that visit and the following summer she and her son came to visit.  Melissa is Phil's ex-wife.  


I've met some pretty amazing people in my life and I've got some great friends.  This woman, however, made a huge impact on me and I miss her more than I let on.  Her strength and her love of life never ceased to amaze me.  I know that she is in a better place now, but that doesn't change the fact that I miss her.


Love you, Melly!

No comments:

Post a Comment