Thursday, June 23, 2011

Growing Up

Day 163


Can I just tell you how much parenting sucks?  I'm not even referring to the arguments with the kids or spouse about the kids.  I'm talking about watching them grow up.  It hurts.  A few months ago I sat in the car and almost cried my eyes out when I realized that in 5 years my daughter will be coming home for Christmas - as in no longer living in my house.  


I think it hits me more with Meg right now because she is older.  Jay is still my baby.  Meg, though, is definitely growing up.  She's still a goof - THANK GOD.  But, she's a growing up goof.  She's found out recently that she's pretty blessed to have a million aunts.  Actually, she's just pretty happy that one of them is close enough to her age and size that she gets hand-me-downs.  Sheesh, I remember when I hated getting hand-me-downs unless they were from my Aunt Nancy.  This is kind of the same thing.  Ellen is to Megan what Nancy was to me.  It's that older, wiser, more mature and worldly idolization.  To be honest, I don't think Meg could have picked a better idol.  My sister Ellen has grown into a beautiful young woman.


The only flaw with the hand-me-downs...
my little girl gets lost in this beautiful grown up girl :(

1 comment: