Thursday, June 23, 2011

Different = Good

Day 166


We have had many discussions lately - both Phil and I and the kids and I about people being different.  I am so tired of people judging everyone.  I know - unfair of me to say as I do it too, but that doesn't make it right.  Different is good.  I blogged - well ranted - the other day about a comment someone made on the radio and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. 


I spent the first 11 years of my life living near Flint.  It was a pretty diverse area - well sort of.  My first boyfriend was *gasp* not white.  Guess what it didn't matter. My mom didn't care.  None of my family commented on it - at least not where I could hear.  Know what else?  I love him with all of my heart and soul to this day.  


I think when you have kids you automatically picture where you think you want them to be when they grow up.  Obviously, as they get older you realize it's not really about what you want and you learn to roll with it.  Most of us or at least some of us realize that it doesn't really matter who they end up with or if they get married as long as they are happy and treated well.  It doesn't matter if Jay marries a hispanic girl, black girl, Chinese girl - I DON'T CARE as long as he is happy.  Same goes for Meg.  


Different = good if you give it half a chance...

1 comment: