Sunday, March 13, 2011

And again, loving home ownership...

Day 65

Ugh.  Ugh.  Ya know what?!?!?!  Ugh, again.  I love that we own our own home.  I love that we are no longer renting.  I love that I can paint the walls whatever color I want and make whatever changes I want whenever I want (or can afford to).  I love that it is truly our house - not just one we live in that belongs to someone else.  I love this house.  I love the yard and the neighborhood and the style.  This house is absolutely perfect for me and for my family.  Of all the houses we looked at - this was my favorite...good thing right?  The thing is, there are some things about home ownership that seriously suck ass.  Like the flooding because the sump pump decided to take a mini-vaca.  Yeah, that sucked.  Like having to replace the hot water heater...that sucked too.  The roof - that sucked...thankfully we had friends to help, but spending the money still sucked.  So the newest minor issue?

That's my bedroom window.  If you look close enough, you can see the crack.  It's been there since about November, but I didn't want to have it replaced until spring.  I guess I forgot that spring doesn't come in Michigan until June.  *sigh*  Sooooooo, I guess we can all see what our next "project" is.

1 comment: