Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BEST Christmas Gift EVER

Day 59

Don't laugh - or do, I don't care.  I have this baby blanket that I have had for I don't know, a bazillion years?!?!  Anyhoo, it's tattered and falling apart.  It literally is held together by threads.  I have to hand wash it and air dry it.  But, it's mine and I love it.  Yes, it is still in my bed when I go to sleep at night.  I rarely spend the night anywhere without it.  I know, I'm 34 years old...time to grow up.  Whatever, it's my safety and I love it.

Anyhoo, little did I know before Christmas, my mother had been hard at work.  When I opened this gift on Christmas day, I cried.  Not sad tears.  She had painstakingly recreated my blankie.  It's an exact replica of how my old blankie looked brand new.  It's beautiful.  Nevermind that it touched my heart.  That new blanket means the world to me.  Below is a picture of both blankets.  The old one is on the left, new on the right.

1 comment:

  1. And I would do it all over again if I had to. Love you

    ReplyDelete