Tuesday, March 8, 2011

:( *cries*

Day 61

What's that?  Something that means the world to me and nothing to anyone else.  It's the necklace Phil gave me on our first anniversary.  He gave it to me when we went to dinner with Trista and Brian at Texas Roadhouse.  I believe I've only taken it off about 10 times in 9 years. It's not some crazy expensive necklace or super fancy.  It's just a beautiful gold chain and I love it.  For me, it represents so much.  It represents the trials of that first year.  It represents his love for me.  It represents our love on a whole. 

If you look closely, you can see why I might cry.  It broke.  This is not the first time it has broken, unfortunately, this is an unfixable break.  Obviously, we can run out and get a new one, but that's not the point.  It isn't replaceable.  We can't ever go back to that July day in 2001 standing outside Texas Roadhouse waiting for our table when he gave that to me.  So, instead, I will tuck it away in my jewelry box and hold the memory in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment