Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Big Black Bear?

Day 103


Many of you know the story behind my dog...well, some of you do.  Let me enlighten you - I promised the kids when we got a house that we would get a puppy.  So, we bought a house.  Then I had to talk Phil into it.  I wanted a St. Bernard puppy - I grew up with the world's greatest St. Bernard.  She was a beautiful dog and I loved her with all my heart.  Phil was dead against a St. Bernard.  They are too big and hairy and drooly. He decided we could get a dog if we got a black lab.  That's what he grew up with.  He had "St. Cocoa."  Apparently, Cocoa was the greatest dog to ever walk to earth.  So, I went searching for an angelic black lab puppy and we got Ziva.


Now, I love our dog.  She can be an asshole and she drives me nuts, but I love her.  I wouldn't trade her for anything - most days.  Saturday, though, I went to visit a sister (one of the many) and got to see her dogs.  She has two and I love them both, but I have to admit that one is my favorite...


Yes, yes, that sure does look like a big black bear.  He's AWESOME!  The best part is, that 215lb dog is just a puppy!!!  He's as big as Jason and is all cuddly and drooly and fabulous.  Ahhh, I can't wait to see him again in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment