Saturday, April 9, 2011

What we do for our kids...

Day 89


We all give up things for our kids.  We say we won't be "that" parent.  We say we are welcoming the kids into "our" world.  The reality of it is - we do.  We give up a lot - much that they won't appreciate until they have kids of their own.  Some parents give up more than others.  Those of us with kids in sports - whether it's multiple kids in multiple sports or one kid in one sport - we give up our lives.  Completely.  We constantly run them from practice to practice and meet/competition/game on the weekends.  We give up family dinners, time with friends, sleep, and even just those blessed moments on the couch watching a favorite TV show.  The best part is - we complain a little  - but most of us wouldn't change it for anything.  We love it.  I keep saying we and that may not be true for everyone, but I can tell you, I wouldn't change it.  My kids keep me going CONSTANTLY.  From August to mid-July we are on the go.  It's a pain sometimes and we have to split - Phil with a kid and me with the other, but it's worth it.  I love watching them grow and learn and having fun.  It's so much better then just having them stuck in front of the TV/computer/video game or constantly on their phone.  


This picture is of a very good friend of mine.  This is after a long week of hauling a child to multiple 4 hour practices, waiting for one to be finished.  Do you see the exhaustion?  She's like me though, she wouldn't change it...


Love ya, Sal!!

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that. If I had it to do over, I'd do it again.

    ReplyDelete