Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Humor

Day 98


So, some of you may have read Phil's status today.  If not, let me share with you...


First, let me tell you, last night was miserable in our house.  Yes, it sure was a beautiful day, but it was also 80 some degrees upstairs in our house.  Big deal, right?  Wrong - that's where the bedrooms are.  It was so frickin hot, none of us got a good night's sleep. So, I got up this morning - late of course and was running behind and just in a generally pissy mood.  I got to work - late of course, and was even pissier.  


Phil called me about mid-morning and he obviously had something to tell me.  I could tell by the tone of his voice.  We have a shed in our backyard.  The door has always been jacked.  It's a minor fix that we can't be bothered to take care of as it's not that big of a deal.  Anyhow, last night, the shed door was banging like crazy because of the wind.  So, Phil decided to go fix it.  He left the dog inside so she wouldn't be nipping at him while he was out there.  He finished messing with the shed and walked up to the house to come in only to find the dog in her jumping craze and attempt to get outside, had locked the sliding glass door.  Of course, Phil did not have his keys on him and both the front and back doors were locked.  Sooooo, he had to get in the house through a window.
Ok, the picture still doesn't do it justice.  This is the window in our family room - which is at basement level for normal houses.  This is NOT a big window.  When Phil was telling me this story, he went on and on about the fact that it was incredibly hard for him to fit his ass through the window.  Honestly, he made me laugh so stinking hard I almost cried.  I love that I'm not the only one that does stupid things in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment