Sunday, February 6, 2011

I H.A.T.E......

COM-FRICKIN-CAST CABLE.


Ok, seriously.  So, we go to bed last night and everything is fine.  And before you ask - NO the dog did not decide to moonlight as a comcast technician last night.  Anyways, we get up this morning and the channels are buggin in and out.  Annoying. I got on the computer to check my facebook/email/school, etc. and of course, the internet is down. This certainly does not bode well for my husband and son as they want to watch the superbowl.  So, Phil called comcast.  Now, my first beef here is that when you call comcast, your call is transferred to India.  Mind you, the first phone call (which means that yes, there were multiple phone calls) was at about 8:00 this morning.  Phil gets Enuahgjilsah on the phone and is told that there is an "issue" in our area and they are working on it but they don't know when it will be fixed.  Fine. Phil and Jay toodle off to baseball evaluations and Megan and I watched movies.  I wasn't overly concerned as my homework is done for today so no big deal. 

Phil and Jay got home and of course, everything is still down. Sooooo, Phil called again.  He gets a female this time, Arigmklaesfdkjah, she tells him that it is NOT in fact an issue in our area that it's just us and for a small fee of $75 they will get a technician out to us sometime.  Here's the thing...we pay ungodly amounts of money for our comcast.  We've got a couple premium channels plus the internet.  Excessive?  A bit, but whatever.  No, we do not pay the extra $3 a month for them to come out for free when something goes wrong.  Why?  It's a matter of principle.  If I'm paying you $x per month for your services, why do I have to pay an additional $3 to ensure that we get GOOD service.  That's just utter horseshit.  My usually even-tempered husband got a little snippy with what's-her-stupid-name and hung up.  He then went out to verify that it was not a matter of the dog chewing the cable again. 

By this time it is roughly 12:00 p.m.  I am now annoyed.  So, I called.  That is never a good thing.  I got a guy, Muhamewklkjerah, who decides to tell me right off the bat that they will send a technician....blah blah blah.  I informed him I've already heard this song and dance and I want him to send a signal to my cable box NOW. While waiting for him to do this, he starts speaking again - supposedly in broken English, but it all sounded like gibberish to me at which point I had to firmly and (of course) rudely interrupt him and tell him to just send the damn signal.  He says he did and they will have to send a technician out which is when I made up my own gibberish and hung up.

Half hour later, Phil decides I should call again and have them send some idiot out. I laughed that he told me to call - since he also added in that I had to be nice.  HELLLOO?!??!  How long have we been married?  Do you know me??  Whatever, I called.  I got Shueklwrejlah (female) told her that I needed to have a technician sent out now. She said she would have to transfer my call.  10 minutes later, my phone call has been re-routed back to the US and I'm speaking to some normal guy named Kevin who was very nice (even if he did try to sell the stupid ass $3 thing again). 

I will give them that their technician was out here rather promptly and fixed the problem.  She was very polite and did her job well.  I'm still pissed off that I had to spend $75 for it.  Assholes.

Day 32.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I actually know Arigmklaesfdkjah...great gal! Muhamewklkjerah, on the other hand? Dick.

    ReplyDelete