Friday, February 4, 2011

Late to work again...

Day 31

Yep, sure was late to work again.  BUT this time I got up on time.  So why was I late?  Well, this is what it looked like after a full day of school...
But, when I left this morning, it was all kindsa curled and pretty!  She had a dance after school today - the "sweetheart dance."  She asked me last night if I would curl her hair. I, of course, said yes.  Anyways, it took longer than I planned, but it was worth it.  Unfortunately the dance was cancelled - snow days, no time to sell tickets, blah blah blah.  The thing is, though, I don't know how many more opportunities I will have to do these things with her.  I know she's growing up and I cherish those moments when she actually wants to spend time with me.  It didn't matter that we didn't talk a lot this morning, it was that time together - it was the fact that she asked me to do it. I HAD to do it - there will never be another 7th grade sweetheart dance for me to do her hair for.  Sure, there may be other 7th grade dances, but what's to say she's going to want my help for anything?  Sure, there will probably be a sweetheart dance next year, but again, what's to say she will want my help then?  The extra time this morning, curling her hair made getting to work 15 minutes late COMPLETELY worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I would have risked being late for something like that too. I love spending time with my daughter. <3

    ReplyDelete