Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You bought what?!?!?

Day 43

So, it's cute, right?  Of course, there's a story behind it.  This past summer while toodling around the neighborhood, Phil stopped at a garage sale.  No big deal, I love garage sales.  He tells me he bought a cute little shelf.  I looked at the thing, rolled my eyes and very "politely" asked "WTF am I suppose to do with that?"  (said with great disdain)  Now, let me point out that it was not refinished - he did that.  So when I first saw it, it didn't look like that.  It looked shabby and a bit stupid.  He tells me it's for the bathroom.  I, of course, stare at him like he's got a huge wart on his nose.  Where in the hell do you think that's going to go in the bathroom.  Obviously, he says it's for the corner.  At which point, I had to share with him (for the umpteenth time) that I want more counter space in there...DUH.

Right, so I burst his bubble basically.  He then spent a day refinishing this "stupid thing."  When I came home, it was sitting in the corner in the bathroom all cute and perfect.  Yep, I sure did have crow for dinner.  It's adorable.  He did a fantastic job on it and it fits perfectly in that corner.  I then had to add little things to the shelves to make it look more homey and I absolutely love it now.

Moral of the story - have a little faith in him sometimes...he can make good decisions.

2 comments: