Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's not called "gymNICEstics"

Day 42

We all experience things in our lives that change us, or better us as people.  I've had lots of those types of experiences.  One of the things that changed me the most and helped me realize just who I am, was coaching gymnastics.  6 years of my life I gave up for other people's kids.  I missed out on a lot of stuff my kids were doing, but I don't regret even a minute of it.  I had the opportunity to work with some of the most talented children I've ever come across in my life.  It wasn't just that they were good at gymnastics, it was as little people, they were amazing!  There were nights that I didn't want to go to the gym because I was tired, but I would go and it never failed that those kids could make me feel so good.  There is nothing like those moments when they get a skill for the first time.  It's not their parents that they look at all giddy with excitement, it's their coach...it was me.  I miss my girls.  I miss that I am not there with them to watch them grown.  I miss the crazy hectic life.  I miss the competition.  I miss watching them succeed.  I miss the hugs and the tears.  I even miss those times when they told me they hated me.  Most of all, I hope they realize that I love them with all of my heart and they will forever be my babies.

This picture is from roughly 4 years ago.  The last pre-team ice-breaker party we had. 

2 comments:

  1. Showed this pic to "bug". She laughed. She looks so little. She also liked your "go, bug, go" cheer. We miss you too.

    ReplyDelete